Sunday, December 16, 2012

Beginnings

I like robots.

But I haven't always.

Robots are formed plastics and metals, which move because of motors, which are switched by electronics, all of which uses battery or main power to operate. They're just physical objects too. And they run code.

That's what I like.

Some people feel great joy at seeing their code run on servers. Others enjoy seeing their code be useful. I enjoy seeing my code driving across the room, steering around turns and avoiding other objects.

Roomba makes robots...well, they stopped at vacuum cleaners. Nobody else is doing this. But massively powerful, programmable modular home robots could exist today if someone were to just assemble the pieces. Nobody is assembling the pieces. This makes me angry.

So I wish to change the world with robots. I have to assemble the pieces to build the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment