Thursday, December 20, 2012

Turning frustration into a plan.

Right now progress is halted It's frustrating. I'm having issues getting reliable input and output from my Arduino Uno. Some pins are working, but most aren't. And I'm getting avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 error message, which I think is not good. Just 2 weeks ago I fried the 2-row LCD display,  which means I'll have to get another one of those too.

I need to change my perspective on this operation. Instead of seeing these robots as something I'll build with just 1 microcontroller, I need to see microcontrollers as something of which I have several in storage. Before I do that, I want to plan, but I have no time. I'm spending all of my time working, and none of it thinking. Part of the reason I'm writing here is to help organize my thoughts.

My work contract has been extended, and I will save as much runway during that time as I can. Along with that, I have to purchase components. I need more microcontrollers. I need more phototransistors and infrared LEDs. And more resistors and wires etc. But these are cheap -- $1000 would cover 20 microcontrollers and 100 of each component.

I haven't been able to wrap my head around that before. It seems a lot more attainable now. Writing part of that, getting it out of my head, made space for the rest of the idea, which I then also wrote.

So my next step is: from where to procure components? Adafruit? Sparkfun? Radio Shack? (The local Radio Shack has been out of phototransistors for over 2 weeks lol )

No comments:

Post a Comment