Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Slight Pivot

Wifi Website Controls for Arduino


One of my goals for this project was to have a website interface displaying temperature stats, available over wifi. I know this can be done, but I'm starting to think my Minimum Viable Product isn't Minimal enough. And, like others have said, a lot of people would like a simple LCD display showing their refrigerator's current temperature. So, I'm going to move the Wifi-website part of this project aside, and put in an LCD screen.

That said, the entire device is now made of pieces with which I've worked previously: Arduino Uno, SD card on Wireless SD shield, clone of HD44870 lcd display & DHT11 temperature sensor. Since I previously burned out my HD44870, I'll be assembling another one. This time, I've decided to attach the HD44870 onto a blank Arduino shield. I will have the shield soldered together today, and might get code onto it!

---

Thanks, seancneal, for suggesting another address to try with my Sainsmart LCD screen. Honestly, I'd kinda forgotten about that screen. I'll try this address and post an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment